Hööks sources products from suppliers in Europe and other parts of the world. We do this to offer our customers the best combination of quality, service and price. It is important that we fulfil our responsibilities, but also that our suppliers fulfil their responsibilities and comply with laws and regulations.
Our current work on CSR and sustainability covers the following:
Code of Conduct (including environmental issues) which has been applied and refined over the course of many years. This is agreed with our suppliers and covers, among other things:
- Compliance with laws and regulations
- The work environment
- The environment
- Minimum wages
- Working hours
- Prohibition against child slavery
- Freedom of association
Examples of additional measures:
- We pay visits to selected suppliers
- Supplier evaluations
- We belong to an international association of companies in the equestrian industry. Members receive assistance with inspecting and visiting suppliers.
- REACH document along with the POP Convention and the Biocides Directive – agreements with suppliers
- Ongoing random checks on chemicals in products by Swerea IVF
- Member of the Swedish Chemicals Group
- Member of the Fur Free Alliance
- Recycling and reclaiming of cardboard, plastic, metal and more via FTI (REPA)
- Internal training on CSR issues with external companies and consultants
- Our objective is to constantly improve in this area, to work with our suppliers to improve conditions in their workplaces, and through trade to contribute to better living standards in their countries.
- We also hope that our work will inspire competitors and colleagues in the equestrian industry to work on sustainability and CSR.